Saturday, August 09, 2003

WOOHOO!! I've finally gotten Google Search added to my personal site.

WOOHOO!! I've finally gotten Google Search added to my personal site. I started searching for a way to do this earlier (while watching Star Trek VI), and I found some awesome resources on how to integrate the search via Google API, PHP, and Soap. Here's the link I used for the API's: http://phpclasses.promoxy.com/browse.html/package/920.html. The example3.php was the ticket, and all I had to do was integrate it into my web theme. About 30 minutes of learning the script and 30 minutes of PHP coding... and it's done. I have the Next 10 and Previous 10 setup, but I'd like to add 1.2.3.4.5... in between. One bummer is Google limits the total search to 10 entries per search. I generally pull 100 at a time. Oh well.

Other then that, not much else going. Oh, I did add a script to capture webcam shots every hour. Check out the webcam page and choose Archived Pics. I'm using WebCam32, and for some reason it has issues FTPing every 10 minutes or so... so some pics don't update properly. But this is cool when it works.

Whelp, time to clean a bit. My sister and family, Blak and family, and other friends are coming over tonight. Later.

No comments: