Tuesday, May 03, 2011

FTW! Just ordered a 27" iMac for the house!

The new line of iMacs were released today, and since Flip and I have been looking at getting a desktop system for the house we decided to splurge some of our income tax return on an iMac.  Well it's done... I just clicked Submit on this baby:

27-inch iMac

  • Ships: 2 - 4 Business days
  • Delivers: May 11 - May 13 by Standard Shipping
  • Part number: Z0M6
Configuration
  • 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
  • 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 1TB Serial ATA Drive
  • AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB GDDR5
  • Magic Trackpad
  • Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide
  • Apple Remote
  • Accessory Kit

I really debated between the 21.5" with a Core i7 or a 27" with a Core i5, but honestly I think I'll use the screen real estate more than I'll use the extra seconds of processing time.  Most benchmark comparisons between the i5 and i7 weren't huge.  Yes, an i7 can rip a DVD and render video maybe 5% faster, but having that massive screen I think will be more beneficial given I'll probably be using it more with XCode, Eclipse, and NetBeans plus using the standards like iTunes, iPhoto, etc. 
So I'm pretty excited...  New Toy!

1 comment:

Sam Hanna said...

Awesome! enjoy it.